Many thanks to Maria (http://acceleratedstall.com) for nominating me for the Liebster Award I am humbled.
11 random things about me:
I can wiggle my ears one at a time.
Like 8 out of every 10 persons I can curl my tongue.
I have no other magic physical qualities I would like to share with the general public.
I don’t look my age and I do not have a hideous portrait of myself in my attic.
I was asked by my professor in a sophomore composition class If I ever thought about being a writer. I thought about it and decided I needed to wait until I had lived a little. Ten years ago I decided I had lived enough to give it a shot.
I began writing as an outlet for my sense of humor and that has driven my writing ever since.
Someone once seriously offered to set me up with Lorena Bobbit (post bobbing). I politely declined. People I have shared this with, all of them men, have expressed the thought that I should have agreed so I could have had an “interesting” tale to tell. I expressed the thought that anything more interesting would have been more of an experience than anyone one man should have in one lifetime.
I am a proud geek, as a kid I once read an entire set of encyclopedias front to back.
In school I balanced both sports and science. In my 9th grade year my entry in the football program listed science as one of my interests. Opposing players were terrified…..of science.
My father bore an uncanny resemblance to Charles Bronson, I was a well behaved child. My father passed before Mr. Bronson, I cried for both departures.
My day is complete if I have made one person laugh.
Questions posed to me by Maria: Would You Rather
1. Eat disgusting live beetle larvae? or
2)Sleep with insects in your bed (ie, bedbugs) aware of their presence ALL night?
1) Hands down, How can you sleep knowing you are sharing your bed with bugs that will chew on you during the night? Besides you didn’t say I couldn’t doctor up the larvae with condiments, habenero peppers anyone?
1. Determine the bus fare from “here” to Africa? or
2)Get 12 vaccines in 30 days?
1)I solve problems for a living so 1 would be fun and 2 not so much unless I can count acupuncture . I might be willing to give that a shot.
1. Partake in a Japanese Tea Ceremony in Kyoto? or
2. Indulge in an American binge drinking “ceremony” at Boston College?
1.)I have never been to Japan let alone take part in a Tea Ceremony. Besides I went to college , not Boston , but at some point during college drinking binges you can convince yourself you’re anywhere.
1. Go on a near-death trek across the Himalayas with Bear Grills of Man vs. Wild surviving only on goat testicles? or
2.Be a camera/lighting assistant in a domestic-cat documentary (think day in the life)?
1) I am a dog person so I could only do #2 If I was under the influence of a drinking binge I partook of in Boston. Besides, number one was only “near death” and again need I mention habenero peppers.
1. Become humbled by the vast height of the Redwoods in California? or
2. Stand humbled by the vast openness of the Sahara Desert?
1)I live in Colorado so I really enjoy the feeling I get around tall constructs of nature. Besides, I am fair skinned and there is no indication of SPF 45 in number 2.
1. Travel in a country of forced silence and safety? or
2. Travel in a country experiencing rapid change and instability?
2) For me #1 is more predictable. I can predict that I could not abide by forced silence and after a violation the state would insure my safety in my new 8×8 windowless room. I will take my chances with instability, the odds are better.
My questions to my nominees: ( In addition to identifying 11 random facts about yourself)
1 ) How do you eat an Oreo Cookie?
2) Your down in the dumps , what is your go to song/band/artist for elevation?
3) What motivated you to blog?
4) Your alone and in a good mood. Do you , whistle, hum or sing? Any particular tune?
5) Of any skill you currently do not have , what one would you like pick up and cultivate?
6) Where do you ponder life, liberty and your navel ? : 1) At the ocean , 2) In the mountains, 3) Down by the river, or 4) A field with no natural features.
My blog nominations are :
Andrew H. Black:http://andyswordsandpictures.wordpress.com/